Sales tips and techniques to find leads
Relationship selling has evolved alongside technology while incorporating time-tested essentials. See how these sales tips come together to help you find and cultivate sales partnerships—along with data that shows the imperative of relationship selling. These sales techniques will help you take advantage of social developments and find leads that are ready to buy.
Before you start building sales relationships
Here’s a quick relationship selling roadmap that will help you focus on the tips and techniques you’ll want to use. It’s important to know why you’re looking before you start building sales relationships with buyers.
Once you know why you’re looking, these helpful sales tips and techniques will be more effective.
How to use the power of technology to expand the field
- Connectivity—get more time to sell. Potential buyers are always looking into opportunities to create new relationships that let them connect at any time.
- Visibility—use social tools to create strong profiles, taking part in ongoing social conversations. In turn, you develop one-on-one relationships based on customer needs and shared interests.
- Be knowledgeable—amplify your thought leadership presence. One of the ways you can do this is by showing off your expertise with blogs and social media posts that demonstrate you’re in tune with trends, which can help develop new leads.
- Think virally—once you have your relationship selling engine up and running, your reach is magnified. Be prepared to capitalize by staying organized and engaged. The longer you build your online brand, the more dividends you'll reap.
Bring the human touch
- Researching—know your potential buyer's business inside and out to provide solutions that are relevant and solve multiple challenges.
- Finding—discover similarities between you and your buyers that create a personal connection.
- Listening—show you heard what leads say by creating offers truly relevant to their needs. Make it about them, not you.
- Knowing—capitalizing on buyers when they are interested. Timing is everything in relationship building.
- Persevering—Rome wasn't built in a day, and a strong sales relationship can't be, either. See the process as an opportunity to learn more about customers and deliver more long-term value.
Why you should build sales relationships
- Keep track of buyers and their needs
- Create personalized content for leads
- Use digital intelligence and data insights to move the sales relationship forward
Get proof of the strength of relationship selling
- Sales professionals spend most of their time working with social selling and CRM tools, as they believe they deliver the highest value
- More than 70 percent of sales professionals use social selling and see relationship building tools as having the highest impact on revenue
- 90 percent of top sales professionals use social selling tools, compared with 71 percent of overall sales professionals
Start with the most up-to-date tips and techniques
Seize the opportunities of relationship selling and request the Microsoft Relationship Sales solution demo, which combines LinkedIn Sales Navigator with Dynamics 365 for Sales in a robust selling tool.